Lease the best available courseware
Our experience in courseware development and maintenance is that it takes around 3 person-months of work by an Instructional Designer to develop courseware for a Best Management Practice product such as PRINCE2 that fully complies with APMG's syllabus and rigorous assessment standards. The products are 'refreshed' every 3 or 4 years; we believe an additional 1½ person months should be allotted to course refresh. Finally, for any set of courseware there will be the inevitable bug fixes and minor changes requested by trainers, as well as quarterly updates to sample exams by APMG. This work might amount to a further 1 person-month of effort each year. This adds up to a sizeable amount of work, not directly billable to clients. Smart training companies prefer to lease quality courseware.
We develop and maintain courseware for Best Management Practice products that is to the highest standard. We use this courseware in our own courses, which means we 'eat our own lunch' - any issues are rapidly picked up and corrected.
We believe our approach to course design and delivery is second to none.
For a full list of our courseware available for lease, check out our courseware page.
Our accredited courseware consists of:
- Pre-Course Reading Guide
- Our Guide familiarises delegates with course materials and concepts, to give them a flying start
- Foundation Course Presentation Pack
- Our Presentation Pack is more than just the Manual re-presented. Each session contains significant value add for delegates, based on our deep knowledge of the subject and our experience in advising clients. The ratio of graphics to text is around 75:25, so delegates don't experience 'death by PowerPoint'
- Foundation Delegate Workbook
- The Foundation part of a course is necessarily information heavy, because it must cover the full syllabus that will be tested in the Foundation Exam. Our Delegate Workbooks provide copies of all presentation slides rather than long-form text that many delegates find hard to manage during a course. We provide scenarios in all courses that are realistic, so delegates get a feel for the material in action. As well, each session comes with materials designed to allow delegates to practice the retrieval and application of information just acquired, which research shows is the most effective may for delegates to internalise this content. We provide quizzes, crosswords, mind maps, role plays, discussion materials for all sessions, with answers and guidance as necessary. We provide worked examples of key artefacts, so delegates can use the Workbooks back in the workplace
- Foundation Trainer Manual
- We provide detailed advice to trainers on each aspect of the course. We provide visual clues in the slideware that cue the trainer as to the next step without interfering with Delegates' learning experience. We also provide the trainer with value add information not available in Delegate Workbooks. We provide advice to the trainer on tips and tricks in delivering the course, where to be aware that parts of the course might take longer, where and how to catch up later if necessary
- Desk Reference chart
- Our Desk Reference Charts are designed to be aide memoirs for delegate use during and after the course. They each contain value adding material arising from our experience of using the concepts in the real world. And they keep the training company's name in the user's mind = free ongoing marketting
- Practitioner Seminar Presentation Pack
- All content required by Delegates was provided to them in the Foundation Delegate Pack. The Practitioner pack simply provides a framework for the Seminar. Delegates do not need a copy of this Pack
- Practitioner Delegate Workbook
- Our Practitioner Seminar is more than just the trainer supervising delegates as they attempt questions from the sample exams provided by APMG. In our Practitioner seminar materials, we provide a realistic scenario, then assist delegates as they apply the subject matter acquired during the Foundation course in the context of the scenario in Activities and discussions. In addition, we provide fully worked objective style questions, in the format of the Practitioner exam, for each session, that are written against the scenario, which together provide more material than APMG provides in one of their sample Exam Papers. We provide fully worked solutions to all activities, and answers to all objective questions
- Practitioner Trainer Manual
- We provide detailed advice to trainers on each aspect of the seminar. We also provide the trainer with value add information not available in Delegate Workbooks. We provide advice to the trainer on tips and tricks in delivering the course, where to be aware that parts of the course might take longer, where and how to catch up later if necessary
- Advanced Practitioner Seminar Presentation Pack
- MSP Only: All content required by Delegates was provided to them in the Foundation Delegate Pack. The Advanced Practitioner pack simply provides a framework for the Seminar. Delegates do not need a copy of this Pack
- Advanced Practitioner Delegate Workbook
- MSP Only: We believe our Advanced Practitioner Seminar is unique. Other organisations simply supervise delegates as they work through the single APMG sample exam available, which covers only a subset of the syllabus. We cover almost all of the syllabus, and provide worked examples for all activities
- Advanced Practitioner Trainer Manual
- MSP Only: We provide detailed advice to trainers on each aspect of the seminar. We also provide the trainer with value add information not available in Delegate Workbooks. We provide advice to the trainer on tips and tricks in delivering the course, where to be aware that parts of the course might take longer, where and how to catch up later if necessary
- Non-accredited Briefings and Short Courses
- In addition to the accredited Foundation, Practitioner and Advanced Practitioner materials described above, we include a range of briefings and short courses for each product
- Print and Assembly Instructions
- We have developed detailed instructions to printers covering the printing and assembly of each element of our course. The feedback we've received from our printers is that they appreciate the clarity of our instruction
- Configuration management records
- We maintain detailed configuration records covering all elements of our courseware, including graphics. We can guarantee cohesion in our courseware, which means no nasty surprises or omissions, and compliance with APMG's assessment standards
- Release Notes
- AXELOS Limited (AXELOS) and The APM Group (APMG) periodically require changes to courseware to reflect changes in the underlying product. We update our materials on a quarterly cycle, and provide our courseware clients with a detailed description of what has changed and why, and how to respond to the changes
- Pre-course delegate management materials
- We provide enrolment and joining instructions showing required AXELOS and APMG trademark statements, for use as-is or for inclusion in your own materials
- Post-course delegate management materials
- We provide attendance certificates and results advice letters showing required AXELOS and APMG trademark statements, for use as-is or for inclusion in your own materials
- Marketing materials
- We provide brochures, web page content and other marketing material showing required AXELOS and APMG trademark statements
If you are:
- an ATO wanting to acquire high quality courseware for a new course at a reasonable price, or
- an existing provider of these courses who wishes to avoid ongoing maintenance and refresh costs, or
- a training company wanting to be able to deliver courses in Best Management Practice products without incurring the cost of becoming an ATO, or the significant cost of developing and maintaining your own courseware
please contact us.