Managing Benefits TM Courses
What is Managing Benefits?
The purpose of the Managing Benefits guidance and certification scheme is to provide managers and practitioners from multiple disciplines, working in a variety of organizations, with generally applicable guidance encompassing benefits management principles, practices and techniques. Managing Benefits provides:
- An overview of benefits management - what it is, the case for doing it, and some common misconceptions that can limit its effectiveness in practice;
- Descriptions of the seven principles upon which successful approaches to benefits management are built, and examples of how they can be/have been applied in practice;
- Guidance on how to apply benefits management at a portfolio level, as well as at an individual project or programme level;
- Details of the five practices in the Benefits Management Cycle and examples of how they can be/have been applied in practice;
- Advice on how to get started in implementing effective benefits management practices and sustain progress.
Benefits are not simply just one aspect of project and programme management (PPM) - rather, they are the rationale for the investment of taxpayers’ and shareholders’ funds in change initiatives.
Managing Benefits has been carefully designed to complement existing Best Practice in portfolio, programme and project management such as PRINCE2 ®, MSP ®, P3O ® & MoP ®. It consolidates existing guidance on benefits management into one place, while expanding on the specific practices and techniques aimed at optimizing benefits realization.
The following graphic illustrates the Benefits Management Model embedded in the Managing Benefits guidance.
Managing Benefits Course Roadmap
Inspiring Projects is an APMG Accredited Training Organisation – so you can be confident that the courses we deliver conform to the highest standards of Managing Benefits training. All of our Managing Benefits courses are based on the latest version of the syllabus.
The following diagram shows our Managing Benefits courses in relation to the goals supported by each course.
A complete range of certification courses ...
... with a wide range of additional options
We have developed a wide range of associated short courses, workshops and executive briefings, including:
- An executive briefing on the features and benefits of Managing Benefits, and adoption issues;
- An awareness briefing for project management professionals who do not require certification;
- A short course for portfolio programme and project office staff and CoE members;
- A workshop on how to facilitate a workshop;
- A workshop on benefits definition and validation;
- A workshop on integrating Managing Benefits guidance into existing project and programme management methods.
These courses are delivered in-house for groups. Please contact us for more information.
The APMG-International Managing Benefits and Swirl Device logo is a trademark of The APM Group Ltd.