Managing Benefits ® Foundation
(course code MOBF2)
The purpose of the Foundation qualification is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Managing Benefits guidance to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a portfolio, programme or project management team charged with realizing the benefits of a change initiative.
By the end of the Foundation Course delegates will understand the benefits management principles, practices, techniques, roles, responsibilities and documents, specifically to know and understand the:
- Definitions, scope and objectives of benefits management, barriers to its effective practice, and the key success characteristics;
- Principles upon which successful approaches to benefits management are based;
- Five practices contained within the Benefits Management Cycle and relevant techniques applicable to each practice;
- Scope of key roles and responsibilities for benefits management and the typical contents of the main benefits management documentation;
- Approaches to implementation and the factors to consider in sustaining progress.
Who Should Attend
This course is aimed at those involved in the selection and delivery of business change initiatives. It is also suitable for change leaders, change initiators, change enablers, support staff, business change and benefits managers and operational staff.
There are no prerequisites for the Foundation course.
The Foundation Course will cover:
- The seven principles of benefits management;
- The five practices in the benefits management cycle;
- The application of benefits management at a collective or portfolio level;
- Getting started in implementing effective benefits management practices and how to sustain progress.
- Thorough preparation for the Foundation exam.
The Foundation Exam is a 40 minute closed book exam. There are 50 multiple choice questions. The candidate must correctly answer 50% or more of the questions to pass the exam.
We conduct these exams on behalf of APMG. APMG's terms and conditions are outlined here.
Please note: Exam candidates must bring signed photo ID (passport, driving licence, etc.) as they will be asked to produce it by the invigilator prior to the exam.
Delivery Options and Fees
We offer a range of delivery styles and packages for this course. Please go to the Packages and Inclusions page to review the inclusions provided with each package.
Successful completion of this course may entitle you to professional development credits:
- For PMI PDUs, check here.
We recommend our Managing Benefits Practitioner and M_o_R risk management courses.
The APMG-International Managing Benefits and Swirl Device logo is a trademark of The APM Group Ltd.