M_o_R ® Foundation
(course code MORF3)
M_o_R (Management of Risk) provides a generic framework for the management of risk across all parts of an organisation, whether it is at the strategic, programme, project or operational level. The M_o_R guidance brings together recommended approaches, checklists and pointers to more detailed sources of advice on tools and techniques. M_o_R is aligned with ISO31000, and provides detailed guidance on how to embed risk management in an organisation.
This course provides you with the knowledge to apply the principles, practices and techniques of risk management to portfolios, programmes, projects and to business-as-usual operations.
The Foundation Course will enable delegates to:
- Know the facts, terms, concepts and relationships between the four elements of the M_o_R framework (principles, approach, processes and embedding and reviewing);
- Understand how the M_o_R principles, approach, and processes are used;
- Be able to identify the M_o_R framework documents and understand their uses and differences.
Who Should Attend
This course is aimed at anyone working within a corporate governance environment who has responsibilities for identifying, assessing, planning, or managing risks, or reporting on risk management activities across the organization.
here are no prerequisites for the course, however some exposure to risk management would be useful. Candidates for the Practitioner exam must have previously passed the Foundation exam.
The following topics will be covered in the Foundation Course:
- Organisational context of risk management; governance and control;
- Principles of risk management;
- Approach: Policies, strategies and processes; planning; monitoring;
- Perspectives: strategic; programme; project; operational;
- Risk Management Processes: Identifying and analysing risks; planning for implementation of countermeasures; communication;
- Embedding and Reviewing Risk Management: awareness; behaviours; commitment;
- Preparation for the Foundation Examination.
The Foundation Exam is a 60 minute closed book multiple choice exam. A candidate must get at least 35 of the 70 questions correct to pass..
We conduct these exams on behalf of APMG. APMG's terms and conditions are outlined here.
Please note: Exam candidates must bring signed photo ID (passport, driving licence, etc.) as they will be asked to produce it by the invigilator prior to the exam.
Delivery Options and Fees
We offer a range of delivery styles and packages for this course. Please go to the Packages and Inclusions page to review the inclusions provided with each package.
Candidates who pass the Practitioner exam are entitled to style themselves "Registered M_o_R Practitioner" on CVs and business cards.
Registered M_o_R Practitioners are required to be re-registered within 3-5 years of their original certification. We offer an M_o_R Reregistration seminar.
Successful completion of this course may entitle you to professional development credits:
- For PMI PDUs, check here.
We recommend our Benefits Management and MoV value management courses.
M_o_R® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited
The Swirl logo™ is a Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited