MSP ® Foundation
(course code MSPF3)
This course provides participants with a solid Foundation in MSP concepts.
By the end of the Foundation Course delegates will:
- Understand MSP's integrated elements and their relationships, building on delegates' own experience and knowledge of large-scale change;
- Understand the benefits thread through MSP that ensures that the entire programme is predicated and focussed on realisation of benefits;
- Understand how MSP could be applied in real life situations and undertake practical work in a supportive training environment;
- Have received careful and detailed preparation for the Foundation Exam.
Who Should Attend
People who must identify, define, govern, manage or act in a programme management framework, including senior executive sponsors, programme managers, programme office staff, business architects, change managers, and operational managers responsible for transition and benefits realisation.
There are no prerequisites for the course.
The Foundation Course covers MSP's:
- Principles, or good practices underpinning every programme;
- Governance Themes, or guidance on critical aspects of programme management, including:
- Programme Organisation;
- Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement;
- Benefits Engagement;
- Business Case;
- Risk and Issue Management;
- Planning and Control;
- Blueprint Design and Delivery;
- Quality and Assurance Management
- Transformational Flow, MSP's programme lifecycle, which includes:
- Identifying a Programme;
- Defining a Programme;
- Managing the Tranches;
- Delivering Capability;
- Realising the Benefits;
- Closing a Programme
- Programme Office roles and services;
- Programme documentation and information flow;
- Guidance on adoption of MSP;
- Guidance on how to use the tranche and workstream concepts to structure more complex programmes;
- Hands on activities, discussions, role plays, quizzes and mind maps in every session to ensure you have absorbed MSP;
- Guidance on how to prepare for the Foundation Exam, with lots of practice
The Foundation Exam is a 1 hour closed book exam. There are 75 multiple choice questions. The candidate must correctly answer 50% or more of the questions to pass the exam.
We conduct these exams on behalf of APMG. APMG's terms and conditions are outlined here.
Please note: Exam candidates must bring signed photo ID (passport, driving licence, etc.) as they will be asked to produce it by the invigilator prior to the exam.
Delivery Options and Fees
We offer a range of delivery styles and packages for this course. Please go to the Packages and Inclusions page to review the inclusions provided with each package.
Successful completion of this course may entitle you to professional development credits:
- For PMI PDUs, check here.
MSP® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited
The Swirl logo™ is a Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited