P3O ® Practitioner
(course code P3OP2)
A Project, Programme and Portfolio Office (P3O) model provides a decision enabling/delivery support structure for all change within an organisation. A P3O Model could consist of a single permanent office or be implemented as a linked set of permanent or temporary offices.
This seminar provides delegates with an opportunity to consolidate and apply their P3O Foundation knowledge.
The Practitioner Seminar will:
- Build on their Foundation-level understanding of the principles and terminology of P3O best practice and be able to demonstrate that they have a full understanding of how to justify, build and manage a P3O;
- Define the business case to get senior management approval for the P3O;
- Build the right P3O model to adapt to the organisation's needs, taking account of its size and Portfolio Programme and Project Management maturity;
- Plan the implementation of a P3O;
- Understand how to use the tools and techniques described in P3O in running the P3O model and shaping the portfolio of programmes and projects.
Who Should Attend
This event is suitable for any individual with an interest in managing or working in a component of a P3O model;
Support staff who are looking for a formal qualification.
Practitioner exam candidates must have passed the P3O Foundation exam.
The Practitioner Seminar is scenario based, and focuses on the application of P3O under different programme environments and scenarios. Review and revision sessions of all P3O elements are included throughout the training.
Exclusive to Inspiring Projects, we have developed a full set of Practitioner-style exam questions based on a realistic scenario, to provide even more opportunity to apply and learn P3O.
The Practitioner Exam is a 2¼ hour, open manual, scenario based multiple choice exam. The candidate must provide responses to questions presented in the following styles:
- Classical multiple choice
- Multiple response
There are 70 question lines worth 1 mark each, so the maximum score for the exam is 70 marks. The candidate must score 35 (50%) or more marks to pass the exam. Candidates for the Practitioner Exam must have passed the Foundation Exam.
We conduct these exams on behalf of APMG. APMG's terms and conditions are outlined here.
Please note: Exam candidates must bring signed photo ID (passport, driving licence, etc.) as they will be asked to produce it by the invigilator prior to the exam.
Delivery Options and Fees
We offer a range of delivery styles and packages for this course. Please go to the Packages and Inclusions page to review the inclusions provided with each package.
Candidates who pass the Practitioner exam are entitled to style themselves "Registered P3O Practitioner" on CVs and business cards.
Registered P3O Practitioners are required to be re-registered within 3-5 years of their original certification. We offer a P3O Reregistration seminar.
Successful completion of this course may entitle you to professional development credits:
- For PMI PDUs, check here.
We recommend our Better Business Cases and Governance courses.
P3O® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited
The Swirl logo™ is a Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited