PRINCE2 ® Foundation Course
(course code PR2F3)
This course provides each participant with a solid Foundation in PRINCE2 concepts.
The Foundation Course will:
- Provide detailed explanations of PRINCE2’s integrated elements and their relationships.
- Explain how to use the Process Model to assemble Stage Plans.
- Provide careful and detailed preparation for the Foundation Exam.
Who Should Attend
- Experienced Project Managers who need to be able to work effectively in a PRINCE2 environment.
- First-time and 'accidental' Project Managers in need of a method to help manage projects of different types and sizes.
- 'Centre of excellence' staff who need a solid understanding of PRINCE2 to tailor the method for their organisations.
- Project and programme support staff wanting to learn how to effectively operate in a PRINCE2 environment.
- Anyone wishing to round out their resume with a formal internationally recognised project management certification.
We strongly recommend that participants without hands-on experience as a project manager consider our Fundamentals of Project Management course.
Otherwise, there are no prerequisites for the course.
The Foundation Course covers:
- The origin of PRINCE2, where it fits, and its integrated elements;
- The PRINCE2 Principles and how they empower the project team;
- The PRINCE2 Themes, or approaches to critical aspects of project management, including:
- Business Case;
- The PRINCE2 Process Model, its flow of control and information, the roles involved and their activities, and how to assemble the elements of the Process Model to form Stage Plans;
- Guidance on how to tailor PRINCE2 to suit project needs, and how to embed PRINCE2 into the organisational context of projects;
- Hands on activities, discussions, role plays, quizzes and mind maps in every session to ensure you have absorbed PRINCE2;
- Guidance on how to prepare for the Foundation Exam, with lots of practice.
The Foundation Exam is a 1 hour closed book exam. There are 75 multiple choice questions. The candidate must correctly answer 50% or more of the questions to pass the exam.
We conduct this exam on behalf of APMG. APMG's terms and conditions are outlined here.
Please note: Exam candidates must bring signed photo ID (passport, driving licence, etc.) as they will be asked to produce it by the invigilator prior to the exam.
Delivery Options and Fees
We offer a range of delivery styles and packages for this course. Please go to the Packages and Inclusions page to review the inclusions provided with each package.
Successful completion of this course may entitle you to professional development credits:
- For PMI PDUs, check here.
We recommend participants who complete this course should use PRINCE2 on their projects for 3 to 6 months. We can then assist you to obtain a Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Project Management.
PRINCE2®, MSP®, MoP®, P3O®, M_o_R® and MoV® are Registered Trade Marks of AXELOS Limited
The Swirl logo™ is a Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited